Lifestyles Inventory (LSI)
Who is the LSI for?
The LSI is developed for leaders and teams to better understand their thinking and behaviour in order to develop their emotional intelligence, capabilities, effectiveness and resilience for sustained growth and success.
The assessment is for:
- CEOs and leaders at all levels
- Project teams
- High potential
What is LSI?
The Life Styles Inventory™ (LSI) identifies the underlying thoughts and motivations that guide an individual’s behaviour. These are often referred to as personal styles, management styles and leadership styles and represent the essence of an individual’s effectiveness. The quality of an individual’s thinking and behaviour contributes greatly to that person’s work performance. Fortunately, leaders have the power to change ineffective thinking and behaviour – the kind that can paralyse an individual’s effectiveness. But first they need to know if what they’re doing now is supporting or detracting from quality performance.
The Life Styles Inventory™ (LSI) is based around the Human Synergistics Circumplex, describing Constructive, Passive/Defensive and Aggressive/Defensive behaviours. It provides for self-description (LSI 1) and feedback from others –including manager, team, peers
and clients (LSI 2).
The Circumplex – Our Measurement Model
If you agree with the adage that “a picture’s worth a thousand words,” you’ll understand the beauty of the Human Synergistics Circumplex.
With this practical visual device, you:
- Can “see” the thinking and behavioural styles that are driving the performance of people and groups in your organisation, as well as the organisation itself.
- Have access to a common ‘’language” that you can use to quantify and discuss individuals’, teams’, managers’ and leaders’ behavioural styles and approaches, as well as the culture of your organisation
- Have a foundation for developing your people, improving performance and enriching your culture.
What do participants receive?
LSI participants will receive:
- LSI Profile reports (LSI1) and (LSI2);
- Profile supplements and,
- A comprehensive self-development guide.
This inventory describes the individual’s thinking and behaviours in ways that promote constructive change.
It highlights similarities and differences between self and others’ views, leading to greater awareness and a focus for improvement.
What are the benefits of the LSI assessment?
This inventory is designed to:
- Provide greater self-understanding and awareness
- Improve ability of leaders to work as part of the leadership team and their own teams
- Provide a comprehensive, interactive plan of action for setting development goals and mapping out the most appropriate means for achieving them
- Provide a means to measure progress over time
The results have indicated that significant connections exist between receiving 360-degree feedback and the development of:
- Leadership effectiveness
- Increased ability to cope with pressure and change
- Achievement of self-set goals
- Flexible and creative thinking
- Improved relationships with others
- Greater motivation to initiate change and make things happen
And the benefits of the LSI don’t stop after the initial assessment – re-testing also enables individuals to measure and monitor change at intervals of 9 or 12 months after completion of their first LSI. This process also ensures that the organisation is able to measure the effectiveness of the LSI and ROI.
Post the LSI reports, we work with each leader and/or team to debrief the LSI at the individual level and to build their capacity to implement the required changes. We recommend at least 3-4 coaching sessions initially for each leader.
An LSI coaching opportunity allows leaders to identify their leadership strengths, and development needs to assist them in building a deeper understanding of themselves and to develop strategies to enhance their leadership capabilities and address the specific challenges they face.
Each leader has the opportunity to develop a strategic action plan in place and develop a strong relationship with an external coach to draw upon for optimum achievement of desired goals and leadership effectiveness.
LSI Leadership / Team Workshop
In order for the leadership team to fully understand LSI and the thinking styles, this workshop is designed to:
- Give first-hand experience of the LSI tool
- Explain the unique thinking patterns that characterise current behaviours
- Understand thinking patterns of leaders, which are most effective, which aren’t and why
- Pinpoint unique strengths, as well as any stumbling blocks to individual effectiveness
- Improve ability to work as part of a team
- Provide a comprehensive, interactive plan of action for setting development goals and mapping out the most appropriate means for achieving them as a leadership team
- Provide the means to measure progress over time
- Critically review and measure current culture and agree on preferred culture in terms of behaviours that should be expected of the leadership team. The differences or ‘gaps’ between current and preferred culture, as well as the impact on outcomes, will provide the basis for developing plans for strengthening long term leadership effectiveness and business outcomes.
- The LSI Composite report on current leadership styles will assist in providing additional data on the impact on team effectiveness and organisational culture to support the above.
- LSI 1 & LSI 2 Survey Report
- Self-Development Guides
- Profile supplements
- 3 x 90 Minute Debrief sessions
We also utilise the Human Synergistic measurement tools
such as the:
- The Organisational Culture Inventory (OCI)
- The Group Style Inventory (GSI)
- Customer Service Styles Survey